Never Miss Any Updates or News!

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)
Then

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Treadmill Addicts Newsletter.

Horizon T1

Actual email from Horizon Support.
Jim,

There was no parts shipped to the technician, looking at the record it appears they did not approve the order to go through when we told them it would be charged. We stopped the order and it was never submitted or charged to anyone. At the time of the tech call you were a month out of warranty, so I would think the tech was going to call you to get approval on the charge. We have no way of knowing if that is the case though. The company you dealt with was Fitness showcase and there # is 816-942-9300. If you want to order the motor control board you can call us and we can place the order for you over the phone, are number is 1-800-244-4192. Again the cost of the board would be 160$ + 10$ to ship it.

Best regards,
Paul
Horizon Fitness Tech Support

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 10:49 AM
To: "Comments Email"
Subject: RE: Treadmill #F2B6A
I am going to assume that your technician diagnosed the problem correctly. It is still in parts exactly as he left it. Was the part supplied to him under warranty? If so he should still have it and he can come install it. Would you send me the information where and whom you sent the part to so I can follow up?

Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 10:22 AM
To: Dothage, Jim
Subject: RE: Treadmill #F2B6A

Dear Mr. Dothage,

I show that the technician you paid to diagnose the unit ordered a motor control board last March.

Did you do any of the troubleshooting I recommended in my first response? If so, please let me know the results so that I can make a recommendation for you. If this is the same problem as last year then it looks like you will need this circuit board. Your machine came with a 2 year parts warranty so this would have to be paid for if it is needed. The cost is $160 plus $10 for s/h.

Your machine is registered and we have the serial number on file so you do not need to send that information.

Best regards,
Jamie Beining
Horizon Fitness Tech Support

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 7:15 PM
To: "comments@horizonfitness.com"
Subject: Treadmill
When we experienced the problem with the treadmill we attempted to contact the store where we purchased it from, since it was still under warranty. The store we purchased the treadmill from closed. So we were given a name of an authorize Horizon dealer and had them come out and look at it. He determined a chip was defective and he would need to order it. He charged us a $100.00 for the service call, but the part would be covered under warranty, we never heard from him again. This was about a year ago and I was about to pitch it but my wife wanted to try you all one more time. I don’t have the serial number with me but will supply to you if needed. Will also supply receipt per your request.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Worst Treadmill Experience.